Saturday, September 11, 2010

We're Off

I once thought I would lead an exciting life as a foreign correspondent, traveling the world and reporting back to an important newspaper.  Instead I became an accountant.  Now, many years later, after having gone the traditional route of marriage, family and career, my husband and I have joined the Peace Corps, and I will be blogging about our experience.  It's hardly the same, but we ARE going to the land of Casablanca, Marrakesh, and Tangier.  We have our tickets and will soon embark on this challenging adventure.  I only hope that my volunteer service will in some way benefit the artisans of Morocco in our assigned community.

We're now visiting our daughter in California before heading off to Philadelphia for staging.  Our last act upon leaving our home of 36 years was to pitch the vacuum cleaner into the trash.  It seemed symbolic somehow. 

Karen

4 comments:

  1. Just love the title of your blog. Safe and happy travels. Will be following you on your blog. Good luck and take care of each other. Love Jill and Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I will miss you girl, safe travels and just a note, Georgia, found Cherie, she is in a nursing home I am going to write her will tell you what I find out. great idea for a blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, it was so nice to get your message when you were about to leave from NY. I can hardly wait to hear about your arrival in Morocco! Much love, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen and Doug,
    You would have been so proud of Kayje last night! I went to see her give a talk during a presentation of the Darfur Stoves project. She was so poised, articulate, and professional.
    There were several hundred people there. Very impressive! Love, Shirl

    ReplyDelete